POPS!

"POPS! Where's POPS?" I hear that these words are said about me when I am not around. They get said by my two year old granddaughter. Yes, she calls me "Pops." When our grand children started to arrive my wife and I decided to choose fun names for ourselves. We felt we were too young to be called Grandma or Grandpa so we decided on Grams and Pops. We figured either the names would stick or we'd get picked up by Kellogg's as a breakfast cereal.

I think that "Pops" is easier to say than "Grams". She has only called my wife by Grams a couple of times. Pops, when you think about it, is really only one sound that has to be made. Grams has like three, the "G" the "R" for "gr" then you have to
add an "A" and the "MS" at the end: Gr-a-ms. So it was kind of fun that she started saying my name, "POPS."

Over the last few months, I've been trying to find and relate to God in a deeper way. I've been wondering where HE is. I know HE is there. I know HE cares. But, I'm not finding Him. I'm not sure if it's my busyness (most likely) or if it is something else but when he calls me it's like I hear HIM from a far away place; somewhere in the distance.

I'm not quite sure what got me thinking about this. What does it mean to approach the throne of GOD like a little child (POPS!)? I'm wanting to have the presence, the comfort, the strength, the laughter, the love of my Father (POPS). I think about the love I have for my kids and my grandkids, and think about the enormous level of love that GOD has for us and know that what I feel is just scratching the surface of what our heavenly POPS feel for us.

I want to have that child-like desire to want to call out to GOD and cry, "POPS! WHERE ARE YOU?" I want to have the joy and love wash over my face, my heart and my life like I see it wash over my little granddaughter when I come into the room.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Santa is looking for me...

Looking for myself

Remember