What A Difference

Today was January 3rd, the weather today was cold...very cold, in fact, and windy. The windchill put us into the single digits most of the day. Light snow was flying with little or no accumulation from the big storm that was pounding the northern states of New England.

I remember the weather one year ago, it was a very sunny day. It had snowed the week prior and most of the snow had melted and refroze a couple times but all in all one year ago the weather was beautiful. The temperature was in the low 30s.

The reason I recall the weather so vividly last year, was that afternoon Dawn and I took a little hike. We hiked nice and leisurely up Sleeping Giant State Park to the castle. On the way down, I slipped and fell, shattering my left wrist plate. A couple hours later, I was home from the hospital emergency room, pain pills in hand with a cast up to my bicep.

I can't say that I would want to relive the experience, but I think I will never forget the lessons learned from that broken wrist: Trusting in a word from God to have faith, questioning the direction the doctor wanted to take in the treatment of the break, waiting and hoping that the bones put together would not fall apart, being directed to Psalms were David tells us that God knit our very bones together. It was only the start of a very long year of trust. Wondering if what I'm doing is what I am suppose to be doing. A year of walking away from controlling every situation and worry about them, to trusting that God would work out everything for the best.

I know I am still learning this lesson, and I know there are many more lessons to learn but it's amazing to look back and see what a difference a year can make.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for myself

Santa is looking for me...

Remember