Santa is looking for me...

It's been an age since I have written anything here. Maybe it's because I've been too busy. Maybe it's because I've not had anything to write. Maybe it's because I haven't had the mind set to listen and have a profound thought. Whatever it is, I had a thought today.

I was watching a post of my granddaughter this morning on FaceBook. I edited and posted the video myself, so it wasn't new to me. But it struck me profoundly. There's my two and a half year old granddaughter playing in our living room pretending to have a conversation over an old non-working telephone with Santa. She is so excited. "Oh, hi Santa. He's looking for me! He's looking for me!"

Faith like that of a little child. We all need that. Here's this little girl talking to Santa, and He is looking for her. We have someone who is looking for us too.

"Oh! Ephraim is my dear, dear son, my child in whom I take pleasure! Every time I mention his name, my heart burst with longing for him! Everything is me cries out for him. Softly and tenderly I wait for him. (Jeremiah 31:20)(The Message)

If we can...if I can...only have the reliance of a little child to know that there is One who is longing after my heart; One longing after my inner being, and not be so reliant upon myself.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Looking for myself

Remember